Tuesday, September 19, 2017

De-compressing Music

A pastor once told me how he de-compressed on the way home from the office. He found a dumping spot on his route home so that when he passed it, he dumped all his stress there, mentally clearing his mind. If you want to know how to decompress from the stress of a busy day just google it. You will find 5 ways, 7 ways, 10 ways, 100 ways people have found that works for them.

Why de-compress anyway? A day filled with meetings, challenges, projects, errands, noise, and other office activities can stress you out and if left unattended to, will physically effect your health long term. Plus, who wants to be around a stressed out you? Your spouse, family, and friends certainly don't. If you just leave the office and don't do something to de-stress and de-compress your mind, it will be a train wreck waiting to happen later.

I am a music lover. I'm not a one genre person and listen to almost all genres. For de-compressing, one of the best music genre's for me is classical music. I recently took a job were I drive the freeway to and from work. Fortunately, the heavy traffic is the other direction both ways. But there is certainly enough traffic left to cause me stress. Add that to the busy day and you have to de-compress to get back to your sanity.

Before I start my treck every day, I set my phone up via Bluetooth to the sound in the vehicle. I created a Pandora station called Classical Music for studying. I adjust the sound level enough to drown out almost all road noise giving me a euphoric feeling of floating down the road. In this state of mind, I am just observing traffic with the noise and distractions removed. I am actually able to think and tune out traffic stress and the stress from the day. Driving in this state of mind ensures you arrive home with a clear mind, de-compressed and ready for a great evening. Try it with your own genre of music and get stress free.

Comments? Suggestions? What is your De-compressing music?


No comments:

Post a Comment