Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Maternity Leave Blues


This is the first of a series of blogs about when my bookkeeper was on maternity leave for EIGHT WEEKS and I am filling in mostly. I did have a girl coming in each week to help with the big stuff though. However, nearly every day I was in her office sorting and posting and getting things ready.

The first week I show up early at the office to get all set up for the Count team and be ready. I arrived an hour early and went straight to her office. I went to open the safe and did not have the combo. I have it written down on a small piece of paper that I keep in my wallet. It was missing! I remembered that on Friday I opened the safe and in a hurry I placed the small paper with the combo... in my shirt pocket thinking... I will place back in my wallet later. Guess what?  I never did that. Now I have no way to open the safe. I texted my bookkeeper (it’s week one and I am already texting her) and she did not respond right away. Running out of time I drove all the way home to check my shirt pocket praying the paper was there. Right when I arrived back home I got a text message from my bookkeeper. I keep the combo written down in the office. Great! I am already all the way back home. I drive back to the office, now late, and rush around getting all set for the counters. Whew!

Comments? Discussion?

Luijarick

No comments:

Post a Comment