Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Hole Plugger

Our music minister came in my office one day and said he was giving me a new name...the hole plugger! In November my bookkeeper took maternity leave for the next eight weeks and I am the fill in guy while she is out. Keep in mind that Dec and Jan are the two busiest financial months of the year. Then in the middle of that, my Facility Manger has to have a surgery and will be out 4 weeks. I am the fill in guy for that as well. In the middle of all this we are remodeling and I'm the acting GC, General Contractor getting bids and lining up all the vendors for the projects. Then right before the holidays I'm filling a new position in the office and running ads. I was doing interviews as soon as got back in the office on Jan 6th. My bookkeeper comes back on Jan 15th so I was just seeing some light at the end of the tunnel when out of nowhere my Church Hostess passes away in her home. I am now filling her position in the interim in finding her replacement. That's me...plugging holes!

  • Associate Pastor of Administration and Operations - hat number 1
  • Bookkeeper - hat number 2
  • Facility Manager - hat number 3
  • General Contractor - hat number 4
  • Food Service Director - hat number 5
 Are we having fun yet?

Comments? Discussion?

Luijarick


No comments:

Post a Comment